Tuesday, April 23, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!

Since we just moved to Tennessee, and have no family or friends around here, we weren't able to give Tessa a big birthday bash
but I don't think she minded. 

We recorded her opening up some of her gifts and eating her cupcake so family could see and pretend they were there. 
They're long ones, specially made for the grandparents and great-grandparents.

First she got some waffles with a special berry sauce for breakfast.

Then she napped and we played with balloons and went to get dad for some lunch at Panera Bread.








Nap time again and we went shopping until dad got home from work, when we did presents!







**I have been trying for days to get this dang video to load, and it won't let me. I'll try again later :(


Then she ate dinner because she was getting crabby (refer to opening presents video), and she had her cupcake!









We took her cupcake away right after I started recording, and she had a slight meltdown. It was pretty funny and I wish I would've kept it rolling. It's safe to say she likes frosting.

She went to bed fairly soon after that. She got lots of cards and presents in the mail from family and she loved all of it!

Then, the Saturday after her birthday we took Tessa to the Zoo, and it was the perfect day to take her, it was nice and warm and breezy and beautiful. She loved most of the animals, but got scared around a few of them. I planned on taking her to this famous restaurant in Nashville for dinner, but the wait was an hour and a half, they didn't let you make reservations and we were all starving to death. So we ate at a Mexican restaurant closer to home, which was delicious. And Tessa was extra spoiled by all of the attention she got from the waiters. They loved her. And who wouldn't love my big ONE year old!








It's a crying shame our only family picture is all washed out

 She wanted to hold my hand :) I felt so loved

This is the sign of a good, long day

3 comments:

  1. this is so great :) I love a couple things

    1. her crown. SO CUTE
    2. How mitch didnt care that she was trying to grab the flame
    3. that she wanted to hold her hand and that you got a picture of it (perfect scrapbook moment)
    4.the last picture of her passed out

    how is your scrapbook going by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love!! She is so cute! I can't wait to meet her! And everything you made for her is awesome! I especially love the birthday banner and the cupcake with a mountain of frosting!! And I hope she loves her doll house - we actually just gave Madison the same one for her third birthday last month and McKinley is ALWAYS sneaking into Madison's room to play with it! I hope we can see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday!! Michael loves the screeching monkeys in that zoo! so loud and exciting! lol

    ReplyDelete