Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bird Pillow

I'm not much into themes for the nursery and all that, except that I really love little tiny birdies. So, a few have graced Tessa's nursery (Oh yeah, in case you didn't know, we're naming her Tessa. Cute right?!) And Sarah did my baby shower with them and it was just adorable. Anyway I found a bird pillow on pinterest and it's really cute. But, I didn't want to buy the pdf pattern so I patterned my own. I think it turned out alright considering I was just working from my brain.
Here's what I did!
 

 1. Made my own pattern and got my cute fabric


 2. Traced it onto the cute fabric and cut it out, right sides together.


 3. Hand-sewed the wings onto the right sides of the fabric, mostly because I was really into the tv show I was watching and I would've had to go into the other room to use my sewing machine. Then pin it back right sides together.


 5. Sew almost all the way around, leaving space to stuff. Stuff and hand sew shut!


6. Wa-la! Except they look like evil little birds in the photo, but the button eyes are really pink, not red.

3 comments:

  1. uh HELLO, are you kidding me? SO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis :) I ended up taking the button eyes off though. They were freaking me out after this picture and were probably a choking hazard anyway

      Delete
  2. you are the cutest person ever.
    i love this idea.

    you and your husband are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete