Saturday, March 10, 2012

35 Weeks

And that means baby girl will be served an eviction notice in two weeks. Actually in one week and 5 days. I'm so down with a 37 week birth it almost pains me to think that she could go as long as 42 weeks. That's an extra 7 weeks from now!! 7!!!! My doctor won't induce until I'm 42 weeks, don't worry I've already asked. Which means it's up to her.
 I know I can will her to with my mind. And with my reminding her every day how much time she has left in there. We have almost everything ready. We just need to get the hospital bag together, which will be done at exactly 37 weeks. And we are waiting for her rocking chair to be delivered. At which point I will post pictures of the nursery. 
You will die. I die every time I go in there. The other night when Mitch and I finished putting everything up on the walls, we sat on the floor in there and just stared at it all. Forever. And I catch him wandering in there all the time, I love it :)

I was going back and forth trying to decide if I should put all my pregnancy complaints on here, or if I should be like most everyone else and pretend this the greatest most exciting thing ever. I mean it is, but it also really sucks. I decided I'd like to remember all these things when I'm thinking about the next one. So I better realllllly want #2 and think going through all this again would be worth it. These are all pretty standard in being pregnant, which is terrible! My heart feels for everyone who is or ever has been pregnant. Also, anyone I hear who says they "love" or "loved" being pregnant are liars or they were cheated out of the real thing. Because nobody would love all this.
  • I have carpal tunnel in my left hand, so all my fingers are numb. And achy. And swollen so my rings are really tight and I can't get them off if my life depended on it.
  • I have really bad round ligament pain in my hips and hip flexors and groin. 
  • Some days I have a pinched sciatic nerve and I can't walk. I more like hobble as I lean on things for support, or have to take work off and just lay in bed. Yuck.
  • Obviously I have emotional crazy days every once in a while. Last week was one of them where I literally cried for 5 hours straight. I could not get a grip.
  • My face has become as round as my belly. I wish I could put a paper bag over my head and have that be socially acceptable. And the ONLY reason I keep taking pregnancy X week photos is because I know I'll be sad in the future if I don't have them. But seriously, I get depressed after we take them. Consequently they have become more scarce than 4 weeks apart.
  • Still have braxton hicks, which I now call the hicks. They make my head start pounding and leave me breathless.
  • Swollen feet and ankles. Thank goodness it's getting warmer outside, my feet can be free in sandals!!
  • The weight gain in general. It's harder than you think! I just feel like a whale. You can't bend, and moving is a slow process, always.
  • I will say that being pregnant in the winter is the greatest thing ever, because I am hot ALL the time, never ever am I cold. Therefore, this has been the greatest winter I've ever had. But if it were summer, I would be dead.
 Even still, I already know going through all of this to get her is totally worth it.
So, we skipped 32 weeks, and definitely won't be taking another one next week for 36. But it's all the same, mama and baby are huge. So here's 35 weeks.


 

1 comment:

  1. Haha there's a reason Heavenly Father helps women to forget how miserable being pregnant can be. So maybe you shouldn't keep track of everything so well ;) The same thing happens with labor and recovery. I thought I would NEVER want to do it again, but somehow after a year I have FINALLY forgotten enough that I want to have another one! I think that the lucky few who don't experience any of the horrible pregnancy symptoms should be responsible for populating the world and the rest of us can just have 2 and be done :)

    Hang in there! Only 1 more month (unless that little girl listens to her mommy). It'll all be worth it when you hold little Tessa for the first time.

    ReplyDelete