Thursday, September 4, 2014

All of it

It's been a WHILE, it's also been CRAZY, so... not my fault. Quick updates:

We moved from Tennessee after 10 months (which was a sad day for us) to Southern CA and lived there for 6 months. Living there was fine, but we knew early on that S CA was just not the place for us. 

Even though we knew we didn't want to live there forever, there is so much to do there, so we filled our time there with some adventures:
Angels Baseball Games
Sea World season passes
Catalina Island
Dinosaur museum
The Zoo
Science museum for their Pompeii exhibit
Food Networks famous places to eat
The Beach (of course)
And because it's like 75 and sunny EVERY DAY we also went swimming...practically every day.

Then we moved to Northern CA. Mitch's job was changing so he would be traveling more, and he can really live anywhere in CA and due to baby #2 coming, it just made sense for us to be by family for a while.

Just prior to leaving TN I found out I was pregnant again, and I mean JUST prior. I was sick sick sick for that move. And just prior to having our second girl, we moved to N CA, and I mean JUST prior. At 35 weeks I was (still am) about ready to pop pop pop. But even through all of that I am happy to say this pregnancy has been leaps and bounds better than with Tessa.

Tessa is a firecracker. That girls keeps us on our toes. And by us, I mean me. Because Mitch travels...a lot. But it's easy to adore her too, she is seriously awesome. She turned two in April, so she'll be about 2 1/2 when baby arrives. She loves talking. Baseball. Fish. Dinosaurs. Swimming. Coloring. Her cousin Ella. And doing things her way. 

I am 2 weeks away from meeting our next baby and I have to record the name sitch. Pretty much from the beginning Mitch and I had decided we liked the name Emma. That was going to be her name. The only downside was how popular it is right now...we didn't want her to be "Emma V" in a class full of other Emma's. That's a bummer, but it was still my first choice. 

Thennnn... I had a dream. And my dream had our baby with a different name. Then I woke up and couldn't remember it. (!?!) I racked my brain for weeks trying to figure out what her name was! Then I had the dream AGAIN and must have said that name to myself 100+ times in my sleep so I wouldn't forget it. 

Her name is Eve.

That wasn't even an option we had ever considered. But I think it's perfect. We considered doing a variation of it as her full name and then just calling her Eve, but every variation is really popular right now too, and if we're just going to call her Eve, I might as well just name her Eve. And I just wish I could have a dream telling me her middle name so we could pick one already :) Middle names are so hard for us!

Anyway, I'm not nearly as anxious for this girl to come as I was for Tessa. From what I was told at my last appointment it's very possible she'll come early, but I am not hoping for that. Don't get me wrong, I really can't wait to NOT be pregnant again and to meet her, but I also can really just sleep through the night for a few more weeks and wait until she is good and ready :) 

If I was going to fit it into a nutshell, that's about all of it. I'll try to update once baby Eve makes her debut!

No comments:

Post a Comment